PPG Industries announced today that it has achieved its goals of reducing greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) and waste four years before your intention it was 2020. The company disclosed when publishing your Business 2016 Sustainability Report, which details the progress to achieve the goals of sustainability in 2020.
The intensity of GHG emissions of the company in 2016 fell 29% from 2012-based, while the total intensity of the disposal of waste decreased by 11% during the same period. PPG began a series of process improvements to achieve the goals. The company also continued the transformation of your business portfolio to focus on paints, coatings and special materials. In 2016, the strategic actions of the PPG have included the sale of its business of flat glass and fiberglass in Europe, and the sale of your stake in two joint ventures of fiberglass in Asia.
"PPG made progress in 2016 in the reduction of emissions, waste and energy use as we continue our focus on sustainable operations," said Mark Cancilla, Vice President of environment, health and safety of the PPG. "Our goals of sustainability provide a stable basis for the continuous improvement and we continue to evaluate our 2020 goals to ensure they represent challenges and opportunities for our current operations and product portfolio," he pointed out.
Beyond its reductions in GHG emissions and waste disposal, the company achieved the following in 2016:
• 31% of sales of products, an increase of 55% from 2012;
• 36% reduction in energy consumption from 2012;
• Improvement of 11% of spills and leaks;
• 0.31 index of injuries and illnesses, which remained the lowest in the history of the company;
• Implementation of wellness programs in 73% of the facilities with 50 or more employees;
• Implementation of the PPG System of commitment to the community in 70% of the locations of the PPG;
• Almost $9,800,000 in charitable contributions;
• More than 40 COLORFUL COMMUNITIES ™ projects completed worldwide, for a total of about 60 projects since the launch of the program in may 2015.
The report is available at: sustainability.ppg.comACESSE AS REDES DA PANORAMA OFFSHORE: