Pre-salt: Petrobras releases asset outlook in Colombia

Petrobras announced last Monday (27), that it started the stage of coverage related to the total sale of its participation in a pre-salt exploration portion of the Tayrona Block, located in the Guajira Basin, Colombia.

According to the statement, the operation is aligned with the strategy of portfolio optimization and the improvement of the company's capital allocation, "starting to focus its resources more and more on deep and ultra-deep waters, where Petrobras has demonstrated a great competitive differential over the years".

Bloco Tayrona is located on the northeastern coast of Colombia, in deep waters of the Guajira Basin. Petrobras, which is the operator of the area, holds a 44.44% stake in the concession through its affiliate PIB-BV, in consortium with Empresa Colombiana de Petróleos (Ecopetrol), which holds the remaining 55.56% stake.


22 thoughts on “Pre-salt: Petrobras releases asset outlook in Colombia

Leave a Reply