With the high temperatures arriving next to the summer, the energy consumption in several homes tends to increase, and may reach up to 15%, according to the electric company Energisa. That’s because with the heat the baths become more time consuming, opening and closing the refrigerator more and the use of ventilators and air conditioning, intensified.
In this way, the consumer’s electricity bill tends to increase. And in addition to the financial issue, the environmental issue also comes into the agenda, a production, transmission and distribution of electricity also includes water use, for example.
So we separate some attitudes that can help save in the electricity bill and collaborate with the environment. Check out:
- Purchase appliances with rated ‘A’ national electricity conservation program (Procel) is a good option, since the Procel seal certifies that these equipment has greater effectiveness in lower energy consumption.
- Replace incandescent bulbs or fluorescent by LED models will ensure savings of 35% to 85% of Energy.
- Install the refrigerator in a well ventilated place, not leaning against walls and furniture, and away from sun rays or any source of heat ensures better equipment effectiveness. In addition, avoid opening and constant closes also helps in the economy.
- The tip is to turn off the electric shower and take cold bath during the hot days, or put the equipment in the ‘summer’ and make a faster use.
- The main suggestion is to change the air conditioning per fan, which can generate savings of up to 70%. However, for those who do not give up a colder environment, the tip is to keep the filters clean and the timer function at 24ºC temperature. Thus, the temperature is and the equipment does not consume so much energy.
- In the case of electric iron and washing machine, seek to accumulate all clothing and use the equipment only once in the Week. In addition, more delicate clothes can be washed by hand.