Norwegian BW Offshore buys Maromba field

Petrobras concluded the sale of all its shares (70%) In the field of Maromba, located in shallow waters in the Campos Basin, for the company BW Offshore Production do Brasil LTDA. Recently, the Norwegian had already closed the purchase of the other 30% of the area that were under Chevron control. Now, company will be the only operator in the field.

The value of the transaction between Petrobras and BW Offshore was settled in US $90 million. In the negotiation, the companies agreed that the payment will be made in the first installment of US $20 million to the Brazilian state, after the fulfillment of all the preceding conditions and adjustments provided in the contract.

The remainder of the value, of US $70 million, will be paid in two times. The first, of US $20 million within 15 working days after the start of the drilling activities for the field development, and US $50 million in up to three months after the first oil or three years after the start of the drilling activities in the areas , whichever is first, according to a statement released by Petrobras.

Stay on the latest news in the oil, gas, energy, biofuels, technology, onshore and offshore markets through the Panorama Offshore portal. Remember, your business comes through here! Go to: www.panoramaoffshore.com.br/www.facebook.com/panoramaoffshore/@panoramaoffshore

ACESSE AS REDES DA PANORAMA OFFSHORE:


Leave a Reply